KONA TOWN

KONA TOWN
photo by EfrankE

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Happy Father's Day, Dad



From humble beginnings in Sioux Falls to living in Europe to our graduations and careers, you and Mom provided us with so many good opportunities, experiences and great family memories, the cost of which I could only really appreciate years later.


Sometimes it may have felt like the world was on your shoulders, but you took it all in stride and made things good for the family. Only after years of fatherhood, myself, did I come to appreciate how exhausting that was for you, at times.


I think I shot this photo when you were 15 years younger than I am now. I remember being somewhat concerned that you bought a gas-powered push - rather than self-driven - lawnmower when you were turning 40, because I expected to be leaving home in a couple of years and without me around to cut the grass, wasn't sure you'd be okay with that. Forty seemed so old to me back then. Guess my worries were way misplaced. Oh, to be 40 again now, myself!

Thanks for setting a great example for me of being a good father, Dad. I love you.

Happy Father's Day!

1 comment:

  1. Love that top picture! LOL about the lawnmower. I remember my Dad's 40th. I was a teen and thought 40 year olds practically had one foot in the grave. I'm glad to know now that I've hit that milestone myself that it's not true;-)

    ReplyDelete